Department Chair, Environmental Science and Policy
Professor of Natural Science Education
Phone: (603) 535-2573
Warren Tomkiewicz has taught at Plymouth State University since 1988 and has been chair of the environmental science and policy department since 2004. Tomkiewicz teaches courses in earth system science, environmental science, ocean studies, science education and action research. He is the science advisor for the Center for the Environment and meteorology graduate programs at PSU.
Tomkiewicz has published in the International Journal of Science Education and has given many presentations on the national level. He is a member of various national teaching organizations, including the National Association of Research in Science Teaching and the National Association of Geology Teachers.
Degrees and Education
- EdD, Biology and Environmental Education, Boston University
- MS, Biology, Northeastern University
- BE, Biology, Plymouth State College
- Knowledge growth in science teachers through classroom-based action research
- Effective teaching strategies for environmental science issues
- Learning in science with the use of computers, concept mapping, and writing