Graduate Adjunct Faculty, Health Education
Dr. Anita N. Lee joined Plymouth State University (PSU) and was a full-time Assistant Professor of Physical Education from 2005 to 2008. She became Graduate Adjunct Faculty since 2008 and currently serving as Assistant Professor of Health and Physical Education at Eastern Connecticut State University. Dr. Lee received her Bachelor of Arts (Honor) in Physical Education and Recreation Studies from Hong Kong Baptist University, Master’s of Science in Recreation Management, and Doctor of Physical Education (Concentration: Sport and Exercise Psychology) from Springfield College.
Dr. Lee has taught sport psychology in undergraduate level at PSU, Eastern Connecticut State University, and American International College; as well as graduate level sport psychology, and health psychology at PSU. She is the Section Editor (Psychology) of the Measurement in Physical Education and Exercise Science journal, an active reviewer of the Journal of Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (JOPERD), Journal of Coaching Education, Journal of Exercise Science and Fitness, convention program reviewer of the Measurement and Evaluation Council of American Association for Physical Activity and Recreation, and research abstract reviewer of the Research Consortium, American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD). She was also the Portfolio Review Coordinator of the National Council for Accreditation of Coaching Education (2007 – 2010).
Dr. Lee is an active scholar, which her peer-reviewed professional presentations feature in many national and international level conferences. She is also an active member of AAHPERD, Eastern District AAHPERD, Association for Applied Sport Psychology, and life member of Hong Kong Recreation Management Association.
Dr. Lee has coached collegiate swimming for eight years, first at Springfield College, where she led the teams to many successful seasons, and at PSU, where she was Assistant Coach for Women’s Swimming. Dr. Lee is a life member of the American Swimming Coaches Association. She is also an American Red Cross certified Lifeguard Instructor Trainer, Water Safety Instructor Trainer, CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer and First Aid Instructor. Prior to her graduate studies, Dr. Lee was a competitive swimmer and triathlete in Hong Kong, qualified for the World Triathlon Championships in 1991.
Degrees and Education
- DPE, Physical Education, Springfield College
- MS, Recreation Management, Springfield College
- BA, Physical Education and Recreation Studies, Hong Kong Baptist University
- International Certification in Sport Coaching, United States Sports Academy
- Sport and exercise psychology
- Measurement and assessment of physical education and exercise sciences
- Coaching education
- Motor learning
- Relationship between physical activities and health
Associations, Boards, and Committees
- Measurement and Evaluation Council, American Association for Physical Activity and Recreation, Chair-Elect
- Research Committee, Eastern District Association, American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, Chair
- Accreditation Review Panel, National Council for Accreditation of Coaching Education, Chair, 2007–2010
- National Council for Accreditation of Coaching Education, Delegate Assembly Member, 2006–2008