Phone number: (603) 535-2517
Irene began teaching at Plymouth State University in 1998 as an Assistant Professor in the HHP Department. She teaches in both the undergraduate physical education and graduate health and athletic training degree programs. Cucina is the Graduate Health and Physical Education Program Coordinator and is involved in both the MEd in Health as well as the MEd in Athletic Training programs. She teaches graduate courses on subjects such as fitness, substance abuse, wellness concepts for educators, and research design and statistics.
Cucina has taught and coached at the high school level, where she led many teams to state finals and won many awards for her service. She has been actively involved in the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD) organization at the state, district, and national level for over 15 years and has presented at numerous conferences. Cucina has been writing health and physical education curriculum for the past 15 years and enjoys working with teachers in the field.
Degrees and Education
- DPE, Springfield College
- MEd, Curriculum and Administration, Cambridge College
- BS, Athletic Training, Health, Physical Education, Northeastern University
Awards and Distinctions
- 2011 Distinguished Teaching Award
- AAHPERD Honor Award, 2006
- EDA Honor Award, 2005
Associations, Boards, and Committees
- HHP Fitness and Technology Committee, chair
- Assessment Advisory Group, chair
- Eastern District Association of AAHPERD, President
- AAPHERD Board of Governors, EDA District Representative