Professor of Zoology
Phone: (603) 535-2558
Len Reitsma is an avian ecologist actively conducting research in both America and the tropics on migratory bird ecology. Since his arrival at Plymouth State University in 1992, Reitsma has maintained a research program leading to publications in journals such as Interdisciplinary Environmental Review, Wildlife Diseases, and Biotropica.
Reitsma is a member of organizations such as the American Ornithological Union, National Geographic Society, and the National Audobon Society. He is the co-founder and president of the New England Institute for Landscape Ecology.
Degrees and Education
- PhD, Biology, Dartmouth College
- BS, Biology, William Paterson College
- Migratory bird ecology
- Natural history of New England
- Conservation of open space
Awards and Distinctions
- Distinguished Teacher Award, Plymouth State University, 2005