Pat Erwin-Ploog is an adjunct lecturer in the Library Media program. She holds a M.L.I.S. in Library and Information Science from Indiana University, and a M.S. in Internet Strategies Management, with a focus on organizational learning, from Marlboro College. She has held faculty librarian positions at the University of Virginia, the University of Massachusetts/Amherst, and Brandeis University. More recently she was at Dartmouth College, leading a number of federally-funded projects including an NEH project to catalog and preserve all the newspapers ever published in New Hampshire, starting in 1756, and developing a digital library of cyber-security research for the Department of Homeland Security. As Hypertherm’s first Director of Organizational Learning and Knowledge Management she was able to develop several innovative projects that linked organizational learning and information management directly to process improvement. She has been a school librarian and taught in Castleton State College’s graduate education program, as well as Plymouth State University’s graduate program in adult education.
Degrees and Education
- MLIS, Indiana University
- MS, Marlboro College
Library administration, digital content management, knowledge management
- “The Messy World of Research.” Paper and presentation for the 8th Gray Literature Conference. New Orleans, LA.
- “Building the Cyber Security Digital Commons”. Paper and presentation for the 7th Gray Literature Conference. Nancy, France.
- Bridges: Preserving New Hampshire’s Information Resources – for the NH State Library, funded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
- Mahoney, Frances A. Teaching for Learning: Research and Best Practices in Adult Higher Education, 2002. Contributed Field Notes on Developing Students as Knowers and Thinkers, pp. 13-14.
Awards and Distinctions
- University System of New Hampshire. Granite State College Distinguished Faculty Award (2001)
Associations, Boards, and Committees
- NHCUC Library Directors, Chair 2013-14
- LM 5020 Cataloging & Classification
- LM 5210 Practicum in School Media
- LM 5030 Reference & Research
- LM 5040 Integrating Technology in the School