Graduate Adjunct Faculty, Counselor Education
Phone: (603) 535-3119
Recently retired as a school counselor, Shirley received the New Hampshire School Counselor of the Year Award for 2011 for her work in the field of school counseling. She supervised over twenty students from Plymouth State University as Practicum and Intern students.
Shirley has taught at Plymouth State University as adjunct faculty for over a decade. Most recently, she teaches Seminar in Internship in School Counseling.
Shirley played an integral part in the New Hampshire Comprehensive Guidance and Counseling Program. She wrote curriculum for the
elementary classroom to teach conflict resolution to students. She trained area schools in New Hampshire to assist in the implementation of the New Hampshire Comprehensive Guidance and Counseling Program.
Shirley implemented conflict resolution into her classroom work as a school counselor. She is innovative in her techniques to help students including extensive use of puppets.
Degrees and Education
- MEd, Plymouth State University
- BS, Bridgewater State University
- Communication for conflict resolution
- Presented at School Counseling Conferences for New Hampshire and Connecticut on the topic of curriculum in the classroom
Awards and Distinctions
- New Hampshire School Counselor of the Year, 2011
Associations, Boards, and Committees
- New Hampshire Comprehensive and Guidance Program Committee, member
- Lakes Region Family Service Board, member
- New Hampshire School Counselor Association Board, member
- Pemi-Baker Community Health Board, member
- Conflict Resolution
- Introduction to the Counseling Profession
- Seminar in School Counseling Internship