Seeking Artwork Submissions for 2012 New Year’s Card
Plymouth State’s undergraduate and graduate students are invited to create the design for the official 2012 University Advancement New Year’s card. The contest winner will receive artist credits on the card and a certificate of achievement.
Artwork submissions should convey a sense of optimism and hope for the New Year while thematically incorporating Plymouth State. The contest is to determine artwork only; words or copy are not to be included in final submissions. Artwork may not reference specific religious holidays and should not contain images related to specific religious holidays. The deadline for entries is November 18, 2011.
This is an opportunity for all involved to explore various art forms, interpretations of the theme, and showcase their artwork to a wide audience. The winning entry will be selected by committee by November 22, 2011, and the artist will be notified via e-mail or by phone.
Who may enter
Any Plymouth State student (undergraduate or graduate) in good academic and judicial standing. One entry per person.
- The finished folded card size is to be 5.5″ wide x 4.25″ tall, landscape orientation with the fold to the left. The artwork will wrap around the front to back of the card.
- Submitted artwork must be created at these exact dimensions: 8.25″ x 3.75″ @ 300ppi. No bleed is necessary. Keep in mind that 3″ of the right side of the artwork will appear on the front of the card, the remaining 5.25″ will be on the back.
- Accepted formats: PDF, EPS, TIFF, JPEG (full quality, un-compressed only)
- Digital artwork that does not meet the resolution and quality requirements will not be considered.
Please complete the online submission form located at http://go.plymouth.edu/2012-card or pick up a submission form at Holmes House.
- Electronic files
- Please submit artwork on CD or via download link. E-mail attachments are subject to file size limitations—instead we recommend using dropbox.com or a large file delivery service such as yousendit.com to send a link to your file. Both are free.
- E-mailed files should be no larger than 8Mb and must include name, graduation year, phone number, and brief description of the piece.
- Physical files
- Hard copy artwork or USB drives, CDs, or other formats must be delivered to the University Advancement office, 17 High Street, MSC 50, Plymouth, NH 03264-1595, or dropped off at Holmes House, located adjacent to Rounds Hall.
Entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges selected by the University Advancement Office. Artwork will be judged based on artistic merit, creativity, and interpretation of theme. The winning entry will be selected by committee by November 22, 2011, and will be notified via e-mail or by phone.
Plymouth State University will retain all reproduction rights to submitted artwork with credit given to the artist. The University may reproduce the artwork in print, electronic, and other media, and may modify the artwork for sizing, transmission, and distribution of the submission without prior additional consent.
Artists agree to assign all copyright and other intellectual property rights in the artwork to Plymouth State. Entries must be original concept, constitute an original work, and not violate any applicable copyright laws.