The Plymouth State University Healthy People in a Healthy Place Initiative will promote a culture of health, providing leadership, opportunities and support for all employees and their families to encourage health and wellness in varied ways, thereby building healthy people in a healthy place.
- Establish leadership and increase employee knowledge of, and engagement in, a culture of wellness at PSU.
- Increase opportunities and access for regular moderate to vigorous physical activity for all employees.
- Increase opportunities for employees to have a health-promoting diet.
- Reduce employees’ perceptions of work- or environment-related stress.
- Identify and implement strategic policies to reduce or minimize the rate of increasing employee health-care benefit costs.