Description of the Foundation
The Plymouth State University Student Support Foundation was started in August of 2005 with a challenge grant from Carrie Morgridge, whose husband John is a PSU alumnus class of 1985. The Foundation is an organization open to all full-time undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in taking responsibility for their fellow students and learning more about poverty and the life skills of service and philanthropy.
Mission of the Foundation
- To keep students in school through short-term emergency assistance and long-term student support.
- To create a culture of philanthropy in the campus community.
Goals of the Foundation
- To provide direction to available resources for long-term student support.
- To identify areas where student support is lacking and help to fill those needs.
- To fairly and impartially evaluate requests for financial assistance.
- To educate students about other students’ issues and challenges.