Having difficulty finding money for food? The student board of the Student Support Foundation offers these solutions:
If you have no money for food, go to the SSF Food Pantry, located on the back side of Bagley House (the tan house to the left of Blair Hall) during the hours of operation.
Pantry hours for spring 2015 are as follows:
Mondays, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Tuesdays 1:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Wednesdays, 12:30 – 2:00 p.m.
Thursdays, 2:00 – 3:30 p.m.
Fridays, 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
*The Pantry will not be open during spring break. Please plan accordingly.*
Fridays before a vacation or long weekend by appointment only (contact the Student Support Foundation). Please plan ahead and aim to use the pantry on scheduled available hours as we may not be able to accomodate requests when the pantry is closed.
The Food Pantry is not available during finals week or in the summer.
Rules for Using the SSF Pantry
- The Pantry is available to undergraduate and graduate students currently enrolled and taking classes at Plymouth State University, who have no money for food. This service is confidential.
- The first time you use the Pantry in a semester, you will need to provide a hard-copy of your Enrollment Verification for that semester. To obtain it, log into MyPlymouth, click the Service tab, and, in the Self-Service box, click Enrollment Verification.
- Each time you use the Pantry, you will need to show your student ID.
- You can use the Pantry twice a calendar month, up to four times a semester. Each time, you will receive approximately a week’s worth of food. The Pantry also stocks toiletries.
- If you are utilizing your local town or church food pantry, you should continue to utilize those resources. The Student Support Foundation is not to be used as a substitute or supplement when utilizing other resources.
Donating to the SSF Pantry
For details about donating to the SSF Pantry, go to Donating to the Student Support Foundation.
Other Free Sources of Food
Consider volunteering at these community meals, where you serve people the meal and then eat with them.
- Food for All on Tuesdays, 4:45 p.m. – 6 p.m., in the Booster Club at 99 Main St. in Ashland, next to the ball fields.
- Meals for Many on Thursdays, 4:45 p.m. – 6 p.m., in the basement of the Plymouth Congregational Church on Main St. in Plymouth.
You do not have to sign up to serve at either of these meals. Simply show up at 4:45 p.m. on the day listed and say that you would like to help.