Having difficulty finding money for food? The student board of the Student Support Foundation offers these solutions:
If you have no access to food from friends or family, contact the Student Support Foundation immediately. The advisors can give you access to the SSF Food Pantry.
If you have no money for food, go to the SSF Food Pantry, located on the back side of Bagley House (the tan house to the left of Blair Hall) during the hours of operation.
Fall 2013 SSF Pantry Hours
The Pantry will not be open Thanksgiving week (November 25 – 29). Please plan accordingly.
Tuesdays beginning October 1st from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Fridays beginning September 27th from 10:00 a.m. – Noon and 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
The Pantry will not be open during finals week.
Fridays before a vacation or long weekend by appointment only (contact the Student Support Foundation)
NOTE: During breaks, or at the beginning of a semester and Winterim, the Pantry is open by appointment only (contact the Student Support Foundation). The Food Pantry is not available during finals week or in the summer.
Rules for Using the SSF Pantry
- The Pantry is available to undergraduate and graduate students currently enrolled and taking classes at Plymouth State University, who have no money for food. This service is confidential.
- The first time you use the Pantry in a semester, you will need to provide a hard-copy of your Enrollment Verification for that semester. To obtain it, log into MyPlymouth, click the Service tab, and, in the Self-Service box, click Enrollment Verification.
- Each time you use the Pantry, you will need to show your student ID.
- You can use the Pantry twice a calendar month, up to four times a semester. Each time, you will receive approximately a week’s worth of food. The Pantry also stocks toiletries.
- If you are utilizing your local town or church food pantry, you should continue to utilize those resources. The Student Support Foundation is not to be used as a substitute or supplement when utilizing other resources.
Donating to the SSF Pantry
For details about donating to the SSF Pantry, go to Donating to the Student Support Foundation.
Other Free Sources of Food
Consider volunteering at these community meals, where you serve people the meal and then eat with them.
- Food for All on Tuesdays, 4:45 p.m. – 6 p.m., in the Booster Club at 99 Main St. in Ashland, next to the ball fields.
- Meals for Many on Thursdays, 4:45 p.m. – 6 p.m., in the basement of the Plymouth Congregational Church on Main St. in Plymouth.
You do not have to sign up to serve at either of these meals. Simply show up at 4:45 p.m. on the day listed and say that you would like to help.