'Every Acre Counts: The Newfound Lake Watershed Management Plan' --Nine Town Study First of its Kind in N.H.PLYMOUTH, N.H. – A first-of-its-kind partnership has been organized to conduct a progressive study on the watershed plan for Newfound Lake.
The goal is simple; to ensure Newfound Lake is kept as clean as possible for future generations, with a consensus-driven cutting edge scientific and sociological study that includes those who live, work and visit this beautiful natural resource.
Plymouth State University, the University of New Hampshire, Newfound Lake Region Association, Jeffrey Taylor & Associates, the NH Department of Environmental Services, the Newfound Area School District, and citizens of Bridgewater, Hebron, Bristol, Plymouth, Groton, Alexandria, Danbury, Dorchester and Orange comprise the partnership, whose goal is to proactively engage as many stakeholders as possible to plan and initiate a watershed protection plan.Contact: Christopher Williams, Office of Public Relations, Plymouth State University—603-535-2476; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keeping water pure August 9, 2008, Laconia Citizen
Recent Press Releases
- PSU and Partners Report 'Every Acre Counts' Planning Progress in Protecting Newfound Lake
Unique Watershed Management Project Hits Halfway Point
August 8, 2008
- ‘Every Acre Counts’ Survey Underway
PSU Continues Newfound Lake Watershed Project Planning Effort
September 14, 2007
- PSU Partners in the Development of 'Every Acre Counts: the Newfound Watershed Master Plan'
Center for the Environment to Participate in Joint Planning Project
August 7, 2007
Additional Resources and Information
- Understanding the Views of Residents to Guide the Creation of Every Acres Counts: The
Newfound Watershed Master Plan Findings from a Watershed Community Survey (PDF 38 kb)
- Newfound Lake Watershed Assessment
(stream and in-lake water quality monitoring efforts) (PDF 18 kb)
- Project Partners & Roles (PDF 13 kb)
Every Acre Counts: the Newfound Watershed Master Plan
For More Information, Please Contact:
- Christopher M. Williams, Director of Public Relations (603) 535-2476