Sunday, August 28 is the official move-in day for new and returning Plymouth State University Students. Residence halls open at 9 a.m., with highest traffic volume expected between 10:45 a.m. and noon.
University Police and staff volunteers will be monitoring traffic throughout the day. To keep traffic flowing, students are given 15 minutes to unload and then to park their vehicles at the PSU Facilities or PE Center parking lots in Holderness. These lots are a five-minute walk from the main campus.
All students have been directed to approach campus from Exit 26 off I-93 and were sent a map and detailed instructions on planned traffic patterns. Directions to specific residence halls are as follows:
- Pemi and Belknap Halls should follow Tenney Mountain Highway to Highland Street, approaching Langdon St. from the west.
- White Mountain Apartments should take Main St. south to Merrill St.
- Grafton, Smith, Mary Lyon, Blair and Hall should take Main St. south to High St. Students moving into Mary Lyon, Blair and Hall will be directed by signs to the unload area located past the Hartman Union Building.
After unloading, all exiting traffic will be directed east onto Highland St., left onto Main St. and then to Rt. 175A to Holderness. Students and parents should also be advised of the following:
- Large recreational vehicles, boats and recreational trailers will not be allowed into the immediate unloading areas near the residential halls. Only cars, trucks and small utility trailers will be permitted in these areas.
- Students are asked to register at their residence hall and receive their key while parents wait in line for a parking space to unload belongings.
- Residence Hall check-in will also be open on Monday, August 29 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.