Children’s Arts Festival by ETC January 15
|Courtesy Photo from 1995 ETC production|
PLYMOUTH, N.H. — Children in grades kindergarten through six are invited to participate in the annual Educational Theatre Collaborative (ETC) Children’s Arts Festival, Saturday, Jan. 15, 2011 at Plymouth State University.
This special event offers an opportunity for children to learn different aspects of the arts—music, dance, theatre, visual and language arts—while experiencing the themes of the current production, Peter Pan.
ETC co-producer and festival coordinator Robb Dimmick says themes such as magic, family, flight and pirates provide a common thread throughout the production and related activities.
Festival hours are 8:30 a.m.–2 p.m. at the Silver Center for the Arts on Main Street in Plymouth.
Six fun-filled workshops include:
- I’m Flying: dancing with Tara Holmes. Dance as if you were flying with Peter Pan, Wendy, John and Michael.
- Be a Pirate: acting with Kate Wisnioski. Swash-buckle, swagger and “argh” just like a real pirate.
- Me and My Shadow: art with Denise Plante-Renaud. Create your own shadow art so you’ll always have a friend to follow you.
- I’ve Got to Crow: music with Anthony Coppola. Sing out loud and clear as if you owned the world.
- Believe Again: language arts with Karen Mcloud. Explore the magic of believing in the world of Peter Pan and Never Land.
Participants also get a rare behind-the-scenes peak backstage at the Peter Pan set and are treated to a special performance at the end of the day.
Please bring a bag lunch; snacks are provided.
Contact Robb Dimmick at firstname.lastname@example.org further information.
The Children’s Arts Festival registration fee is $35 per child. Please submit one registration form per child. Register in advance online at http://www.events.unh.edu/RegistrationForm.pm?event_id-7821or call Michelle Lauriat at (603) 535-2615.
And don’t forget to get your tickets now for Peter Pan, January 26-30, 2011 at Plymouth State University’s Silver Center for the Arts Box Office: (603) 535-ARTS (2787) or (800) 779-3869.Tickets are available online at plymouth.edu/silver/tickets. Box Office hours for January will be Monday–Friday, 11 a.m.–5 p.m.
ETC information is available online at www.plymouth.edu/etc.
For general information about events at Plymouth State University, log on to ThisWeek@PSU, http://thisweek.blogs.plymouth.edu.