Departments are responsible for retaining the original records for the following documents:
CURRENT YEAR PLUS:
- Accident Reports/claims (settled cases) — 7 years
- Cash Records Documentation — 3 years
- Insurance Policies (expired) — 3 years
- Payroll records – student and non-status hourly — 7 years
- Petty Cash — 1 year
- Purchasing Card (P-card) — 7 years******** UPDATED!!
- Original Contracts — Contact Purchasing
All purchasing, accounts payable, personnel, accounting, and budget records are maintained centrally. This is why the departments need not keep records longer than specified above.
Grants records must be retained for 3 years after the close of the grant.
Other department records should be retained at the discretion of the department.