Office of Continuing Education

You may enroll in PSU credit-bearing courses as a Continuing Education student without being formally admitted to PSU, as long as you have met the eligibility requirements.


The eligibility requirements for enrolling in credit-bearing courses include:

  • a high school diploma or equivalent
  • demonstrated successful academic performance
  • successful completion of all course prerequisites

*The University reserves the right to restrict registration to those who can demonstrate the completion of the above requirements and to withdraw a student who upon request fails to provide proper documentation or who demonstrates unacceptable performance once enrolled.

Student Course Load

Continuing education and part-time students may register for a maximum of 11.5 credit hours during the fall or spring terms, 6.0 credit hours during the Winterim term and 9.0 credit hours during the summer term.


Use our course search function for a list of courses offered Fall, Winterim (January intensive), Spring, and Summer terms


If you want to take a course from the regular schedule for your own interest or development but not for credit, you may register to audit a course. You will not be required to complete the normal class requirements and you will not receive a grade. An auditor pays one-half of the course tuition plus the mandatory fees per credit. Exceptions are skill, studio and professional courses, for which full tuition is charged.

Continuing Education Loans

Continuing Education Loan (if needed) may be borrowed if a student is not admitted into a degree program and therefore not eligible for Federal loan programs. These loans should only be applied for as a last resort. For non-degree Continuing Education undergraduate students (winterim or summer terms), payment for classes is due at the time of registration. We strongly recommend that you apply early for your loan to ensure that it’s in place by the billing or registration due dates.

For general counseling and information, continuing education students (non-degree) should contact the Office of the Registrar, or call (603) 535-2345.