- Option 1: Search Job Postings on our current student employment job listings.
- Option 2: Email or call one of the department contacts for student employment. Listings include supervisor’s name, email, office location and phone number. Please note: This list in no way guarantees available positions within any department.
At PSU, it’s the student’s responsibility to contact departments and secure employment. If you are interested in working on campus, it’s important to initiate your job search early. We suggest that you look over the lists above and determine which jobs may coincide with your past experiences and/or future objectives. We also strongly suggest that you make contact(s) as soon as your award has been determined.
TIPS FOR SECURING EMPLOYMENT
- Start your job search as early as possible; don’t wait until after the semester has started.
- First impressions matter! A friendly, in-person visit or personal phone call makes a much better impression on prospective employers than a mass email.
- Check with departments within your major, minor or area of interest.
- Check with campus contacts that you may already have: professors, coaches, orientation leaders, administrative personnel, etc.
- Be prepared! Bring a copy of your class schedule and make a note if you expect changes in your class times. Have information regarding past experience available if requested.
Please keep in mind that if you are hired you have a responsibility to your employer. If your work schedule does not coincide with your academic schedule, please be sure to let your employer know; your first responsibility is academics.
** International Students please contact the Global Education Office for on-campus employment terms.**