National Student Exchange

PSU participates in the National Student Exchange (NSE) program, which is a domestic program similar to study abroad, and is the only comprehensive, university-level, student exchange program in the US.  PSU is a Plan B exchange participant which means students pay tuition and fees to PSU, and room/board and course fees to the host school.

If financial aid resources will be needed to assist in funding your program, it is important to communicate with the Financial Aid Office as you plan your NSE program.   PSU allows students to use any financial aid refunds after PSU tuition/fees are paid to cover additional NSE expenses (i.e. room and board).  If additional financial assistance is needed, you/your parents may be eligible to apply for loans through a Federal Direct PLUS loan and/or a Student Alternative loan.  Once accepted, additional funds are possible by completing a NSE Cost Summary Form, available through the Global Engegement Office, and contacting the Financial Aid Team for an appointment to discuss loan options.

If you are receiving financial aid at PSU, you can use your financial aid funding as long as specific criteria are met:

  • You are currently enrolled as a full- time student in a degree program at PSU and are considered to be in good academic and judicial standing.
  • You will be attending an NSE program during the academic year (fall or spring semester)
  • The courses for which you register at your host program or university have been approved for credit transfer back to Plymouth (each course requires a completed and approved Transfer Credit Approval form unless on the PSU course approved data base).
  • You enroll as and maintain full-time student status at the NSE host institution.  As you are aware, only courses in which you earn a “C” or better will transfer back to PSU.
  • You complete the Cost Summary Form with the Global Engagement Office, listing all anticipated expenses including tuition, fees, books, accommodations, meals, flights, and other estimated living expenses.  You will want to bring this form to your first appointment with the Financial Aid Office.

FAFSA Filing While Away

The FAFSA must be submitted every year if you are in need of any federal aid for the following school year.  PSU’s priority deadline is March 1. Do not miss PSU’s priority March 1 FAFSA deadline if you are participating in a spring NSE semester program and plan to return to PSU the following fall semester. Please make arrangements to complete the application while you are away. This is your source for any PSU grants or scholarships, Federal work-study (which can be used once you return to PSU), and Federal Supplemental Opportunity Grants (SEOG).  Late FAFSA filers may only be eligible for Federal Direct Loans, Federal PELL & SEOG Grants, PLUS and Alternative loans.

April 7th, 2014 by Eric

Net Price Calculator

In a few minutes, you can estimate how much Plymouth State will cost you and your family.

First Year Student

Transfer Student

Contact Us

Financial Aid

8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Thurs., Fri.√ 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.

toll free: 877-846-5755
fax: 603-535-2627

Our Email Form

Speare Admin. Building
Room 108

Mailing Address
Plymouth State University
17 High Street
MSC 18
Plymouth, NH 03264