Position Title: BSW- Building Service Worker
Responsible To: Associate Director, Adminsistrative Assistant & Utility Worker
Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn the operations, equipment and set ups of the Hartman Union. Effective customer relations and communication skills required. Must be attentive to detail, willing to clean, and must be able to lift heavy loads with ease.
This position works Monday-Friday with some weekends. Schedules are prepared on a bi-weekly to monthly basis and are dependent upon upcoming events/set ups. Hours vary from week to week but average appx. 10-15 hours per week. Work study is NOT required.
Assist with daily set ups of rooms for events, workshops, meetings, concerts, etc. Assemble tables, chairs, staging, tarps, etc.
- Must be able to & comfortable lifting heavy loads on a regular basis.
- Training on all equipment is provided so it is handled safely & well.
When all set ups are completed, or dependent upon time of day, cleaning is required. This includes but is not limited to:
- sweep & mop floors and stairwells
- wipe down meeting room tables and lounge furniture
- wash windows in all entrances
- vacuum meeting rooms
Attend all meetings as assigned. Must arrive on time. Tardiness and absences are not tolerated in this position.