Position Title: Print Shop Office Assistant
Responsible To: Director of the Hartman Union
Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn the operation of the Print Shop and College ID areas. Effective customer relations and communications skills. Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Create PSU IDs for students/faculty/staff. Know the ID computerized system, know who to call to verify student/faculty/staff status if necessary.
- Safely operate folding machine, collator, and binder in order to provide efficient service to customers. Appropriately deal with minor problems that occur while using these machines (i.e. clearing paper jams, replacing ink cartridges or master rolls, etc.).
- Properly fill out forms to request printing services (legible written communication to co-workers is essential). Know and disseminate printing, collating, and folding prices when asked.
- Receive incoming calls, answer questions, take messages, transfer calls to appropriate parties.
- Correctly file documents including, but not limited to: copies of printing work, daily deposit sheets, and accounting distribution reports.
- Collect money for services rendered. Properly complete receipts and deposit money in the correct location.
- Carry money for deposit to the Speare Administration Building upon request.
- Operate copier and fax machine located in the administrative office.
- Be familiar with the physical layout of the Hartman Union and the rest of the campus so that you may direct unfamiliar individuals to their desired locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director or HUB management.