This summer, the Information Technology Services – Infrastructure Services team has made several changes to the wireless network in order to enhance services.
This work was done not only to complete the rollout of the wireless network across all residential spaces, but also to simplify and further secure the wireless network in all spaces across the campus.
You will now see a new wireless network SSID called PSU Wireless. This is the new role-based wireless network for use by all current members of the PSU community, which requires an active PSU username and password, and we encourage you to begin using it right away.
The transition plan from (PSU Student and PSU Employee) is as follows:
Monday, August 27:
- PSU Wireless is active and available for active PSU Employees and Students to use. This is the preferred method of connecting to the campus wireless network.
- PSU Student and PSU Employee are visible and remain active for employees and students to transition their wireless devices.
Friday, August 31:
- PSU Student and PSU Employee SSIDs will be hidden, although those who are returning to campus that have those SSIDs saved on their wireless devices will still be able to get on the network in order to review documentation and make changes to their network settings.
Friday, September 21:
- PSU Student and PSU Employee SSIDs will be turned off.
- PSU Wireless is the only method for employees and students to connect to the campus wireless network.
Connecting to PSU Wireless does vary somewhat by device and operating system, but the steps are generally as follows:
- Select PSU Wireless in your network setting panel. (If you have PSU Employee or PSU Student saved in the network panel, now would be a good time to delete them).
- Enter your official PSU username and password in the network settings panel for PSU Wireless. Save this setting.
- Click on this link or type into a web browser go.plymouth.edu/registration. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Specific instructions by device type, including connecting mobile devices such as smart phones and iPads can be found on the Help Desk Wiki: https://www.plymouth.edu/webapp/helpdesk/wiki/PSU_Wireless_WiFi
If you have any questions or concerns, or would like assistance changing your network settings, please call or visit the ITS Helpdesk.