Make a safety and power-consumption difference by following these simple steps as you leave campus for the winter break:
1. Turn off and unplug those technology devices.
- Computers, monitors, laptop docks and computer speakers.
- Power strips.
- Cell phone chargers.
2. While away from campus . . .
- Use the VPN to create a secure tunnel for submitting student grades in MyPlymouth before the December 27th deadline.
- Use the built-in Vacation Auto Responder in the myMail client in myPlymouth to let students and other colleagues know when you will be away from your email for a selected period of time.
- Is your myPlymouth password is due to expire this winter? (You can check by hovering your mouse over the Change Password link in myPlymouth.) Passwords for faculty and staff must be changed every 180 days and it is a good idea to make that change before leaving campus for the break. This will ensure that your password is distributed across all our systems and will help prevent any unexpected issues with connectivity.
Although our hours are different during the break, we are around all Winterim to assist you with any technology issues that come up.
Have a safe and restful winter break!