Information Technology Services can provide some support on personal cell phones when the issue is not carrier related. If you want to purchase a new cell phone or activate an existing personal cell phone with the ability to synchronize your PSU e-mail, contacts and calendars, the ITS guidelines are as follows:
- There are many options that are fully compatible with our campus systems. iPhones and Android based devices can sync email, calendar, contacts and tasks and are the preferred devices that integrate with PSU IT systems. We have created several “Tech Tips” to guide you through configuring your mobile device for use on the PSU network.
- Please contact the ITS Help Desk for:
- Help with most configuration issues of your new or existing phone
- Troubleshooting most issues with phone performance
- Verifying whether a future phone purchase will be compatible with our existing systems
- Assistance with most minor functionality issues
- Unfortunately, PSU does not support the use of Blackberry devices due to incompatibilities.
- If the phone is University department owned, the ITS Help Desk has the ability to provide full support.
Should you have any questions regarding the new cell phone policy or the processes during the transition period, please contact Kevin Orlowski at ext. 53400 or Dave Matta at ext. 53002.
Otherwise, if you would like technical assistance with the your existing phone, or planned personal purchase, please contact the ITS Help Desk: