ITS Surplus Program operates through the Computer Repair Center in Highland Hall, room 011. Repair Center/Surplus staff process surplus technology items from PSU departments such as computers and their peripherals, network equipment, servers, multimedia equipment and telecommunication equipment. Please contact us at (603)535-3499 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if we can be of further assistance.
The following types of equipment are accepted into the surplus program
- Copiers (if approved through Purchasing office)
- Miscellaneous computer related peripherals
- Multimedia equipment
- Networking equipment
- UPS units
- Expired laptop batteries
After Repair Center/Surplus staff pick up surplus equipment, they do three checks on the hardware to:
- Ensure operability of the equipment
- Ensure all data is removed off any storage device
- Check feasibility of recycling or salvage
Surplus handling has a lower priority than equipment repair, thus, requests are filled as time and personnel allow. ITS does not repair units that are inoperable and turned in as surplus.