Account creation for employees at Plymouth State University is based on an automated process involving processing activity at both the USNH and PSU systems. Several of the steps in the process are dependant on the completion of processes that are only scheduled to occur on specific days of the week and are beyond our ability to change here at Plymouth.
The employee account creation process for new staff cannot be arbitrarily sped up or circumnavigated. Supervisors should take the account creation process into account when deciding a starting date for a new hire.
To ensure account creation is completed in a timely manner, paperwork for new employees must be sent to Human Resources by noon on Tuesdays of the week of hire. Once paperwork has been submitted, the new hire will begin the multi-step process for account creation. New accounts should be ready by Friday morning the week of hire.
Supervisors are encouraged to use the ‘What’s my Username?’ and ‘What’s my Password?’ features of myPlymouth, available on the login page, to retrieve the new hire’s computer account information.
Please plan activities and training during the new staff member’s first week that are not depending on them having an account.
- that the processes outlined below are in regard to account creation only – the hiring process has not changed in any way and all necessary paperwork must be submitted to Human Resources as in the past.
- that the sharing of accounts or usernames/passwords between or among staff violates PSU’s Acceptable Use of Computing Resources policy (with link to policy statement).
Please be aware of the following details regarding account creation
Faculty and Adjunct Faculty
A completed “Request for New Faculty ID” (available on the Registrar’s web site) must be submitted to Executive Assistant to the Provost and to the University Registrar.
As with faculty, a “Request for New Faculty ID” must be submitted to the Provost’s and Registrar’s Office or the appropriate information submitted to the Division of Graduate Studies and Community Outreach.
Questions concerning the status of new faculty and adjunct faculty accounts should be directed to:
- Executive Assistant to the Provost at (603) 535-2091 for undergraduate adjunct faculty,
- The College of Graduate Studies at (603) 535-3211 for graduate adjunct faculty; or
- The University Registrar at (603) 535-2345
All hiring paperwork must be submitted to the Human Resources Office. Questions concerning the status of new staff accounts should be directed to Human Resources at (603) 535-2360.
Existing Account Help
Once an account has become active, please direct questions to the ITS Help Desk: