This tutorial will show you how to configure and access your myPlymouth email through Mail on your Mac.
- Once your Mac has started and is at the desktop click on the Mail application in your dock. (It should look like a postage stamp with a bird flying in it).
- Once you have clicked on it, if this is the first time setting it up, it should look like the following. In this first section you will need to enter your name, email address and myPlymouth password. Then click continue.
- The next screen will look like the following image:
On this screen you should make sure the account type is set to IMAP and the incoming server is set to mail.plymouth.edu and your username and password should be your myPlymouth credentials. Click continue.
- The next screen should look similar to the following image:
Make sure the box is checked for SSL and the drop down is set to Password. Click continue.
- The next screen will be used to set up the outgoing server.
Enter smtp2.plymouth.edu in the outgoing server box and check the box that says use this server only. We will also check the box for “Use Authentication” and use your myPlymouth credentials for the username and password.
- On the next screen, check the box next to Use Secure Sockets (SSL), and select Password from the dropdown menu.
- The final screen is a review of your account and should look similar to the image below. Make sure to check the box next to Take account online. When you click “Create” it will open the Mail application and show you the dashboard for Mail.
- You account is now ready to send and receive emails!
If you have questions or if you would like assistance with configuring Mail for your myPlymouth e-mail, please contact the ITS Help Desk:Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgSubmit a Support Ticket or Check the Status of an Existing Request (requires authentication with your myPlymouth username and password)