When setting up a myPlymouth email account in Microsoft Outlook, you will need the correct IMAP settings to send and receive messages. The settings include Incoming mail server, and Outgoing mail server (SMTP).
While these instructions and screenshots are for Microsoft Outlook, the incoming and outgoing server names, ports, etc. are the same no matter which email client you are using.
1. Open up Outlook.
2a. In Outlook 2007, click “Tools” and then “Account Settings”
3. Now select your myPlymouth email account. Then click “Change”
4. The red box displays the correct settings for “Account Type”, “Incoming mail server”, and “Outgoing mail server (SMTP)”.
Account Type: IMAP
Incoming mail server: mail.plymouth.edu
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp2.plymouth.edu
5. Now click “More Settings”
6. Now click the “Advanced” tab. Within the red box displays the correct settings for the “Server Port Numbers” for incoming and outgoing servers, and the “type of encrypted connection”
-Incoming server(IMAP): 993, SSL Enabled
-Outgoing server(SMTP): 465, SSL Enabled
7. Click “OK” after changing the port numbers and enabling SSL.
8. Now click “Next”
9. Finally click “Finish” to successfully save any changes you have made to your account settings.
If you have questions or if you would like assistance please contact the ITS Help Desk:
Ways to Reach us: