Plymouth State University recognizes that we have users that need to use the services Plymouth offers off campus. The VPN allows users to virtually connect to the Plymouth Network allowing the use of their M-Drive and Remote Applications. There are a few steps you need to perform in order to connect to the VPN and this step by step tutorial will show you how.
- Start by launching your Firefox Internet browser
- in the URL toolbar type “vpn.plymouth.edu”
- Once the page has loaded it should look like the following image. Here we will put in your Plymouth user name and password. click “Sign In”.
- The following screen with be titled “Host Checker” and check to make sure your computer meets general standards that would allow it to be connected to the Plymouth State University networks. On this page it will ask you if you would like to run the scripts for a “Juniper Network”. Click Allow.
- After that Pop-up there will be another one asking if you would like to download, install, and/or execute software from the following server, click yes.
- After the download completes you should be brought to the following screen. The following screen allows you to either access your M-Drive or use the Windows Secure Application Manager. If you are looking to use the remote desktop applications from Plymouth State University you will want to click the “start” button next to the Windows Secure Application Manager. You are now connected to the VPN!
If you have questions or if you would like assistance with the the import process please contact the ITS Help Desk at 5-2929 or visit us at the main Information Desk in Lamson Library.