In this Tech Tips Tutorial you will learn how to connect your Xbox 360 to Plymouth State’s network. The first thing you will need to find is your Xbox 360′s Mac Address. Once you have found your Mac Address you will need to register it manually by going to http://go.plymouth.edu/games. Now let’s get started.
1. You will need to connect your Xbox 360 via Ethernet cord into the blue data jack in the wall. Note: You will not be able to connect your 360 using WI-FI.
2. Now turn on your Xbox 360.
3. Once you’re on the Xbox 360 Dashboard, push the middle button of the Xbox 360 controller.
4. Scroll all the way over to the right to Settings, and select System Settings.
5. Select Network Settings.
6. Select Wired Network.
7. Select Configure Network.
8. Scroll right to Additional Settings, and select Advanced Settings.
9. This page will show your MAC Address, that you will need to register your Xbox 360.
10. Open a web browser and type in the URL http://go.plymouth.edu/games. This will bring you to a registration page. Now enter in your myPlymouth username and password. When you enter in your Mac Address and be sure to put a “:” in between every two characters. Select Xbox 360 as Device Type and click Register.
11. If you have registered successfully you will see this page, and now you should be able to connect to Xbox Live!
If you have questions or if you would like assistance with the the import process please contact the ITS Help Desk at 5-2929 or visit us at the main Information Desk in Lamson Library.