On Wednesday April 23rd, LTOE sponsored the fifth annual Spotlight on Faculty event. These series of 15 minute workshops gives instructors an opportunity to speak about a particular technology or teaching strategy used to improve their teaching. The variety of topics covered was fantastic this year and the audience surely walked away with some excellent new tricks to work into their curriculum.
We recorded each of the presentations for folks who were unable to attend the event. Please click on the presentation title to view the recordings.
- Bob Nadeau (College of Business Administration): Three Moodle Best Practices (Marking Guides)
- Terry Downs (Art), Marsi Wisniewski (English), and Jini Sparkman (English): Aesthetically Pleasing Moodle Course Designs
- Sue Buchholz-Jones (Nursing): The Shifting Role of Faculty (Moodle Quizzes)
- Eric Cintron (Language and Linguistics): Teaching Online Spanish with Kaltura
- Reed Marmy-Cotton (Language and Linguistics): Kalturaness
- Tiffany Dube (Education): Sensational SMART Boards
- Heather Doherty (Biological Sciences) and Mary Ann McGarry (Environmental Science and Policy): Response Rates & Interpreting CoursEval Feedback
- Patrick May (Social Science) and Olivia Bartlett (Social Science): Collecting Spatial Data with Smartphones
- Christin Chenard (Lamson Library): Seven Fabulous Features of EBSCO’s eBook Collection
- Jennifer Anderson (Psychology): Benefits of Moodle’s Q&A Forum
- Ann Berry (Education): Engaging Online Students with Audio Feedback (PoodLL)