Meeting Minutes from October 13, 2000

October 13th, 2000 by Mary

PCSW Minutes 10/13/2000

The Commission met in the Lower Tower Room (002) of Lamson Library.

Members present: Anne Kulig, Chair; Cathie LeBlanc; Liza Tallarita; Annie Valdmanis; Daphne Morin; Kathy Kelsey; Irene Cucina; Deb LeBlanc, Mia Poliquin, Maura Dougherty
Guest: a student named Katie (whose last name I didn’t catch)

The minutes from the last meeting were accepted with minor revisions (spellings of names).

Planning Day:
Kathy reported on problems with the October 12 planning day. Women’s voices were not heard. Kathy will draft a letter to the planning committee to address these problems.

November Meeting Dates:
Because of the two holidays during the month of November, we will meet on November 3 and November 17 at 8am. Irene will check whether Frost is available for these meetings. If not, we will meet somewhere in the library.

Report from the June Women’s Leadership Conference:
Liza and Katie reported on the wonderful things they learned at the conference. We each did a small self-assessment exercise. They suggested that perhaps someone from the commission could attend next year as the student group’s advisor. Liza will investigate whether we can get someone to come to campus to talk about holding people accountable for their words and actions.

Daphne reported that $1000 has been transferred to our account. Our balance is $1171.14.

Training Funds:
Anne reported on a conversation with Terri Lessard regarding training funds. Terri does have some money available that we might be able to tap into in order to bring speakers to campus. Speaker’s topic must be applicable beyond PCSW, to other faculty and staff.

Web Page:
Kathy and Cathie reported that progress is being made on the PCSW web page.

Several members of the commission (including the scribe) left at this point (8:50) because of class committments.

Submitted by: Cathie LeBlanc

Featured in Plymouth Magazine

Example Image

That She May Serve

Elizabeth Morrissette ’18 selected as New Hampshire’s Miss University 2015 Elizabeth Morrissette ’18 stood on the stage at her first Miss New Hampshire pageant, trying to keep her knees from knocking. “I was definitely nervous—I’d only had a week to prepare and I wasn’t really sure what to expect—but at the same time I felt […]

Example Image

And Justice for All

Alisha Medeiros ’15 wants to help troubled youth make better choices and live fulfilling lives. This desire, influenced by a family tragedy, led her to pursue a career in criminal justice.

Example Image

The Best Job Perk Ever

An Interview with Donald Hall ■ Diane Jeffrey ’97, Director of the Silver Center for the Arts When I tell people that I am director of PSU’s Silver Center for the Arts, they often say “That sounds like fun!” Not only do I confirm their suspicions, I often tell them about the fascinating people I […]