From time to time people get tickets that they do not feel are justified. Officers issue tickets based on the parking rules and regulations as well as State of NH statutes such as blocking fire lanes and parking in handicapped spaces.
- If you wish to have your parking violation reconsidered, you are required to appeal by going to psu.thepermitstore.com and completing the appeal process.
- For an appeal to be accepted, it must sufficiently demonstrate an extreme extenuating circumstance or an enforcement error. We are unable to grant exemptions to the PSU Parking Rules & Regulations.
- Once the appeal is reviewed you will be notified via email if it is approved or denied. Please be advised that any appeal that is deemed to be frivolous in nature or if it contains profane or inappropriate language, will be subject to an additional appeal fee of $50.00.
- Appeals that have been denied can be reviewed in person however this can only be done after the appeal has been submitted online.
- Appeals must be filed within 10 days of violation and fines must be paid within 30 days or they will double. It is your responsibility to check on the status of appeals.
Important: Any citation that has exceeded ten days cannot be appealed. This means that if you have received a bill for the citation, the appeal period has been exceeded. We cannot reduce the fines or allow appeals and you must pay the total amount of the citations. We cannot make exceptions to this policy. Once you have been billed you cannot pay your citations online, you must pay your citations at the PSU Bursar’s office.
Before you appeal read the following information
- Students are never allowed to park in Faculty/Staff lots for any reason. This rule is taken into account when reviewing written appeals. Do not make the mistake of thinking that these lots are available at night or on weekends. Faculty and Staff members cannot give you permission to park in these lots, PSU Police are the only persons authorized to allow parking outside of the normally permitted areas. Rarely are appeals for this violation considered.
- Restricted permits are prohibited from parking anywhere on the Main Campus, however 15/30 minute spaces are provided in some lots for the purpose of unloading, etc. If you have a special need, for instance large items or groceries that need to be unloaded on campus, please call University Police and let us know, we will almost always grant permission to park for short and appropriate, reasonable amounts of time.
- Someone else who uses your vehicle and obtains a violation will result in you ultimately being responsible for the fine, appealing for this reason will likely be denied, it is your responsibility to assure that your vehicle is parked properly at all times. When you loan your vehicle you take the chance that it may be parked improperly.
- Lack of available space in your designated lot is not accepted as an excuse to park in a lot not designated for your permit. We cannot allow you to park improperly. You are encouraged to call PSU Police to report violations in your designated lot.
- Lot maintenance begins as soon as we have an accumulation of 2 or more inches of snow fall and continues every week until April 1st. Regardless of additional snowfall lot maintenance is performed even if we have not received any snow since the previous week. Appeals for lot maintenance violations will likely be denied. It is important that vehicles be removed from the lots to allow Physical Plant to keep them clear.