Submitting an Upcoming Event
ThisWeek@PSU provides a listing of official events taking place on and off campus.
Events should be added to the calendar as early as complete information about the event is available. At minimum, events should be submitted one week prior to the event. Submissions must be received by the end of the day on Wednesday to be posted the following Friday. Any events that are received after the Wednesday deadline will be added on the next posting date (the Friday of the following week).
Submitting your event to ThisWeek@PSU does not reserve rooms or facilities. The standard room reservation procedure should be followed before submitting events to ThisWeek@PSU.
To Submit Your Events
- Submit a Work Request Form from the Office of Public Relations website. You must fill out the “Contact Information” at the top of the form. If the date spans multiple days only include the start date in the “Event/Needed Date” field. Type “none” in the “Final Approver of Job” field.
- Under “Project Request” check the “ThisWeek@PSU” calendar listing box. You may check any other box as it applies (such as Press Release). The Work Request Form will expand to allow you to type in all the pertinent details about your event. You will need to include the following information about your event:
- Event Title (required)
- Date(s) of event (required)
- Time of event (required)
- Location (required)
- Entry fees (if any)
- Sponsoring department or organization (required)
- A link to a Web page, an e-mail address, or a phone number for participants to obtain more information (required)
- Project or Event Description (required)
See Event Posting Tips for suggestions on writing meaningful descriptions.