ThisWeek@PSU is the primary resource for both internal and external audience seeking information about University events. This style guide is meant to serve as a resource to help maintain clear and consistent communication to our event calendar audience.
- Write clearly and concisely. Keep the event description as close to 100 words as possible.
- Avoid capital letters. On the web, capital letters indicates shouting. Limit your use of possible letters and if at all possible, avoid them completely.
- Spell out location names. The calendar will be read by people who are not familiar with our campus. Keep location abbreviations to a minimum (example: use “Fireplace Lounge, Hartman Union Building” as opposed to “Fireplace Lounge” or “Fireplace Lounge, HUB”).
- Spell out acronyms. When utilizing acronyms spell out the words on the first reference, followed by the acronym in parentheses. You may know what the letters stand for, but your audience may not.
- Use Quotation marks around the titles of books, plays and movies.