Overview of Web site Responsibility
Department Webmasters or Web Editors
Each department webmaster is responsible for maintaining both the technical and the content elements of their site.
Department web editors are responsible for the content elements only.
Both roles are responsible for ensuring the department site content is accurate and that the information is of the highest quality editorial standards (including spelling, grammar and style). If errors are observed Web Communications will request that corrections be made as soon as possible.
Web Communications and the Office of Public Relations
Web Communications and the Office of Public Relations are responsible for the following:
- Maintaining messaging and visual presentation of overall web site.
- Design and maintenance of general University pages and design templates.
- Determining locations for new department web sites in collaboration with department webmasters/editors.
- Linking department web sites to appropriate general University web pages.
- Consultation services for content, use of templates, navigation, accessibility and usability issues, and external social networking opportunities.
- Providing training to departments interested in maintaining their own web sites using the Content Management System.
- Maintaining site wide and department level web statistics. Providing department web statistic reports on request.
- Proposing and managing enhancements or new features to connect with primary and secondary audiences.
- Serve as technical point of contact for vendors working with department webmasters/editors.