Vendor checks are cut once a week in Durham (Monday), and are disbursed after 3 P.M. on Tuesdays. The Disbursements office must have a hard copy of backup information for the Direct Pay by noon on Thursday in order for a check to be cut on the following Monday.
Original Invoices should always come directly to the Disbursements office. If you should receive one, please forward it immediately. Do not deface the invoice – this automatically voids it.
- Authorized signature cards for purchasing/budget spending must be on file in the Disbursements office. A subordinate cannot sign for any funds to be reimbursed to their supervisor/director (the person who does their evaluations.)
- DEPARTMENT ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANTS may sign all staff/faculty reimbursements within the department, as long as they are approved to do so (i.e., authorized card on file.)
- CHAIRS/DIRECTORS may have a peer (of equal standing or above) in or out of their department or from the Principal Administrator’s Office in their area sign (either the PA or their administrative assistant.)
- PA’s/PRESIDENT may have any other PA or their administrative assistant sign.
- CONTRACTS – Any agreement committing PSU funds must be signed by the Manager of Purchasing if under $10,000 or the Director of Financial Management if over $10,000
NON-TRAVEL CASH ADVANCE FORMS
To be used in emergency situations when purchasing from a vendor that does not accept purchase orders or a purchasing card
- LIMITS: $201 up to $500.
- Form must be submitted to Disbursements 48 hours in advance for approval and check preparation.
- A detailed explanation is required in order to satisfy the purchasing procedures.
- Advance procedures must be cleared within 48 hours (2 business days).
- All receipts must be made out to Plymouth State University.
PETTY CASH INFORMATION
- $200 Limit per slip
- Please make sure that ALL pertinent information is listed on each slip. This includes departmental FOAPAL.
- Advances are available on an emergency basis, only up to $200.
- Only authorized staff/faculty may sign slips.
- Business meals with two or more people attending must have names
of attendees, purpose of business meal and receipts. Slips must have
the following information on them:
- Who – names of those present (groups of 10 or less)
- What – type of event
- Where – location of activity
- When – dates inclusive
- Why – business purpose
PROCESS TO CREDIT REFUNDS
If a vendor sends a refund check for any item previously paid by a university system check, please submit the check and any backup directly to Disbursements with a brief explanation as to WHY you received this refund: items returned, damaged items, overpayment, conference canceled, etc. Please indicate the original USNH check # and the Direct Pay or Purchase Order. Disbursements will process the credit to the designated department on the original purchasing document.
HIRING A FOREIGN NATIONAL
Very complicated paperwork must be completed prior to hiring a non-resident alien. Please contact the International Employment Asst. in Human Resources or Disbursements before committing payment or reimbursement.
Prepayments are used only when the vendor won’t accept purchase orders (without payments). Volume and dollar amount help determine which method to use. Subscriptions, dues and fees may be paid in this manner.
USE OF A DIRECT PAY DOCUMENT
1-2 books, videos, cassettes – we will accept a Direct Pay for 1-20 pamphlets (under $100.00). If there is no order form available, please use the generic PSU Authorized Order form.