The travel expense voucher documents your expenses while on university business. It allows you to be reimbursed for expenses you incurred personally or to reimburse the university for money received by you in advance of your travel and did not spend. Please, receipts are essential with the travel vouchers which must be processed within 10 days of your return! Additional advances cannot be given while an expense voucher with an advance is outstanding (if you have had an advance). Business expenses that are paid from personal funds prior to the trip will be reimbursed following the trip. We are unable to reimburse these funds beforehand due to possible cancellations.
- Before completing the form, please review the information on page 2 of the travel expense voucher.
- Fill out each part completely so we don’t have to delay your reimbursement by returning incomplete vouchers. Attach all original receipts (lodging, meals, tolls, taxis, other ground transportation, etc.) Credit card receipts alone do not provide sufficient information and are therefore not acceptable. Note: Receipts for travel tickets must be attached only if they have not been previously paid by other documents prior to your trip.
- Break down each meal per day as necessary. Please do not lump all meals into a grand total. List expenses in chronological order.
- Add the lines across to total column. Please make sure your figures are accurate and legible. These must be listed in U.S. dollars (for all foreign travel). You can access Oanda.com (or call a local bank for exchange rates).
- List the amount of the advance if you received one. If the advance is greater than the actual approved expenses, submit a check payable to PSU along with the travel expense voucher. If the advance is less than the actual expense, a check for the balance will be sent to you from Accounts Payable in approximately 5-7 days.
- Signatures are required by the traveler and department head. Turn the voucher into Accounts Payable with all receipts attached. These will be reviewed and processed.
- Include full departmental FOAPAL to be charged. If charges are split between several departments, please make sure all FOAPALS and signatures are completed.
- Directors/chairs: Please have the principal administrator in your area authorize your own expenditures.
- If you’ve encumbered funds, please list a purchase order number and forward the travel expense voucher to the travel manager for document entry. A different type of Direct Pay must be entered so that the PO-encumbered funds can be used.