February 20th, 2014 by P. Wright
The PAT Staff Scholarship Committee is seeking applications for the Margaret “Peg” Rock Kenyon Memorial Scholarship. One scholarship in the amount of $700 will be awarded to a non-traditional student for the 2013-2014 academic year.
To honor the memory of Margaret “Peg” Rock Kenyon (Plymouth Teacher’s College, 1950) by providing scholarships for worthy non-traditional students pursuing careers in education, social work, environmental studies, journalism, or medicine.
· Non-traditional (age 24 or older);
· Pursuing a career listed above under Purpose;
· Must have potential for achievement and maturity;
· Must have minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 (which will be verified through the Registrar’s Office);
· Must have financial need.
· A student must be enrolled as a full-time student at PSU to utilize their award.
· Students, including seniors, who will be attending during the fall semester only, are eligible for only 50 percent of the annual award.
The application and recommendation form is attached, and needs to be returned to Kim Gammons, MSC 19, by March 31, 2014.
February 19th, 2014 by Jonathan
*Applications for the Barbara Willey Scholarship (BWS), which supports students who are seeking an international study experience, are now being accepted. The application submission deadline for travel in Summer/Fall 2014 is Monday, March 31st.*
BARBARA WILLEY ENDOWMENT FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDY SCHOLARSHIP
Barbara M. Willey ’37, world traveler and elementary educator, made provisions for Plymouth State University in her will. Her bequest was used to establish the Barbara M. Willey Endowment to provide support for Plymouth State undergraduate students pursuing study abroad in relation to their degree. Interested students may apply through the office of the Associate Vice President for Undergraduate Studies located on the 2nd floor of the Speare Building.
* Students who would like to be considered for scholarships that identify financial need as a criteria will need to complete the Federal Financial Aid Application before the March 1 deadline. Academic and Non-Academic Departments offering scholarships collaborate with the Financial Aid Office, therefore, it is imperative that students comply with PSU policy. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for further assistance.
A student must be enrolled as a full-time student at PSU to be eligible to receive scholarship awards listed on this page.