Plymouth State University is committed to engaging students in meaningful academic service learning experiences that will enhance their educational experience. This commitment has resulted in a unique and collaborative partnership among the Office of Research and Engagement at Plymouth State University, Granite United Way, and the Pemi Youth Center. The partnership focuses on working collaboratively across sectors and advancing the institutional mission of service throughout the community through intentional engagement.
- Increased community impact through new collective framework
- Continuation and enhancement of service learning for PSU students at PYC and other community based organizations, resulting in the ability to more effectively serve the broader community
- Enhancement of PSU academic service learning framework and student engagement to teach values of service, citizenship, and character
- Increased PSU student recruitment and retention with enhanced student supports and quality academic service learning experiences
- Enhanced PSU alumni relations
- Quality programming for local youth focused on supporting personal development, inspiring confidence, and teaching leadership skills
- Preservation of quality PYC staffing and increased capacity to serve additional youth
- PYC organizational sustainability and increased credibility
- Joint funding opportunities
- End of the Year 2013 Review of Accomplishments
Join the Community Conversation
The Community Conversation Initiative has brought together community members from all sectors to discuss ways to work collaboratively to maximize our collective impact on the region. All are welcome to monthly meetings held on the third Monday of each month from 4:30-6pm. For more information contact: Jessica Dutille, (603) 535-2372.
Th Community Conversation Initiative held the region’s first Share Fair on April 23rd, 2015, which brought together over 60 community-based organizations to share information and to discuss collaborative efforts.
Our Community Partners: