Established during the 2012-2013 academic year, the Student Research Grant program is administered by the Student Research Advisory Council (SRAC) and the Office of Research & Engagement. This is a competitive grant program open to all PSU students. Ten thousand dollars will be administered during the first year of the program.
To support continuing full-time students for expenses related to conference travel, academic research, presentations, exhibits, performances, and other appropriate endeavors, under the mentorship of a faculty member.
Categories of Proposals
Proposals will be evaluated by the review committee in one of two categories: “Event” or “Fellowship”.
Events include conference presentations, exhibits, performances, or other one-time activities approved by a faculty mentor. Such support can include registration fees, travel, lodging, etc.
Fellowships provide support to carry out a research project or other creative endeavor (service learning proposals should be directed to…). Such support can include travel for collecting data, living expenses, supplies, etc.
Event funds will be awarded on a first-come-first-serve basis. Please get your application soon.
Fellowships of up to $2,000 will be awarded twice per year. Please note the following dates:
November 15 – deadline for Spring and Winterim Fellowships
March 15 – deadline for Summer and Fall Fellowships
Complete the appropriate form (see below) and include any additional requested material, depending on the category of the proposal.
Click to download application: Student Research Application
Student Research Advisory Council
- David Beronä, Dean of Library and Academic Support Services
- Chris Chabot, Department of Biological Sciences
- Katherine Donahue, Department Chair, Social Science
- Thaddeus Guldbransen, Vice Provost for Research and Engagement; Chair, Research Advisory Council
- Angela Kilb, Assistant Professor of Psychology
- Bryon Middlekauff, Professor of Geography and Environmental Planning
- George Tuthill, Graduate Adjunct Faculty, Educational Leadership Interim Associate, Vice President for the College of Graduate Studies
Undergraduate Research Grants
The Vice Provost will allocate $10,000 to support student research and travel. To apply contact Thaddeus Guldbrandsen.
PSU’s Center of Excellence
- Center for Active Living and Health Community
- Center for the Environment
- Center for Rural Partnerships
- Institution for New Hampshire Students
- Museum of the White Mountains