Do I need insurance to cover my belongings?

April 14th, 2011 by Kristi

Yes, you should check your personal coverage.

The University is not liable, directly or indirectly, for theft, destruction of property, or loss of money, valuables, or other personal property belonging to a student. All students are strongly encouraged to carry personal property insurance or to review appropriate family insurance coverage. Many family homeowner policies include this type of coverage.

National Student Services, Inc. National Student Services, Inc. provides personal property insurance to students nationwide. Your one-time premium nets you coverage for an entire year, and this coverage begins the day after you apply. The NSSI website is located at and provides students the opportunity to apply for coverage to protect their property, renew or modify existing coverage, and obtain all the information they need about NSSI program. Why choose National Student Services?