Erica Deely email@example.com
In addition to the RD, there is one live on staff CA.
Important information you need to know about EcoHouse (Sustainable Living Contract and Information Guide).
Read our Community Standards and Policy Expectations (pdf).
Eco House Mission …
- demonstrate environmentally sustainable technology in a residential setting
- provide hands on experiential learning opportunities to PSU students and the surrounding region
- collect and disseminate information about sustainability
- help others live in more sustainable ways.
The house has 9 single person bedrooms, a large community kitchen, a common living room, 2 bathrooms, wireless internet, laundry facilities, a meeting space for outside organizations, a Permaculture garden where students can grow their own vegetables, and a bike storage unit which is currently being constructed. The meeting space holds sustainability related classes offered on campus, provides an area for environmental related organizations to meet such as Common Ground and the Sustainability Fellows, and is a potential space to hold workshops, seminars, etc. for the wider campus community.
- Provides a home to involve students in a “green renovation” and installation of renewable energy systems.
- Provides a location for workshops, seminars, demonstrations of how the average single family home can be retrofitted for sustainable design.
- Creates a living laboratory for students and faculty to conduct experiments with sustainable design, alternative energy sources, and other technologies and ways of living.
- Provides a location for students to “educate” each other and the public by providing tours of the house and monitoring its energy use.
- Creates a “home” and enhanced sense of identity for PSU students involved in environmental programs and activities.
Interested in living in the EcoHouse for the 2013 – 2014 academic year? Please complete the EcoHouse application and return it to the co-directors of EcoHouse to be considered.