The mission of the S.A.G.E Center at Plymouth State University is to promote a supportive, equitable and safe environment for women and LGBTQ+ students while offering ongoing learning and leadership opportunities for all students regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, race, culture, religion, ethnicity, age, socioeconomic status or ability.
To accomplish this mission the S.A.G.E. is committed to:
- Empowering students to create a campus culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusiveness.
- Coordinating and participating in comprehensive risk reduction programs and services for survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking.
- Assessing the campus climate and advocating for the diverse needs of women and LGBTQ+ students.
- Providing educational opportunities that address sex, gender, race, class, and their intersections.
- Fostering collective relationships with campus and community agencies.