Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs, Student Life
Terri joined the student affairs division at PSU in 1992, three years before the CUB became the HUB we all know and love. She initially worked in student activities, advising PACE, the senior class officers and Greek life, but transitioned into union operations in 1996, a year after the HUB opened. She was promoted to director of the HUB in the fall of 2000 and became the Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs, Student Life in April of 2011. She can’t believe she’s now lived and worked in Plymouth for as many years as she lived in her home state of Illinois!
Terri received her BA in psychology at Augustana College in Rock Island, IL, and then attended Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, OH to obtain her MA in higher education administration. While originally a flat lander, she quickly acclimated to life in the White Mountains, becoming an avid hiker and even teaching hiking for the HHP department for several years. She now enjoys all things outdoors – especially waterskiing, paddling, biking, hiking, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing.
A Few Highlights
some of the things she is most proud of being involved in at PSU and in the student affairs profession are:
- Growing the HUB staff into what is now known as Student Life, transitioning several positions from graduate assistantships to professional positions.
- Designing and leading the first four years of White Mountain Orientation trips from 1997-2000.
- Becoming a ropes course instructor (despite a fear of heights) and managing the campus’s expanded ropes course program when it first opened in 1998.
- Designing and managing the first 2-3 years of PSU’s Diversity Window project in the University Bookstore.
- Attending a 5-week NOLS course in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska in the summer of 1995.
- Co-creating and implementing the original LEADS program for emerging leaders in the mid-90s.
- Participating in PSU’s first ASB trip back in spring of 1993.
- Serving on the NASPA (National Association of Student Personnel Administrators) regional board as the Director of the Mid-level Institute.
Terri’s favorite colors are orange and lime green. She hasn’t had cable TV since 1996, so fails to recognize most popular culture references. She is, however, an avid Downton Abbey fan and can’t wait for Season 4! Her favorite movie is V for Vendetta. She was a percussionist for 8 years and was the captain of the drum line in high school. She loves alliteration (which partly explains her love of V), watching drum corp field shows on YouTube, and believes laughter truly is the best medicine.