Bicycles should be operated in a responsible and safe manner.
- Excessive speed on campus property is prohibited.
- Bicyclists must yield to pedestrians along walkways and pathways (areas closed to emergency vehicles).
- Bicycles may not be operated on any maintained lawns or garden areas.
- Bicycles may not be operated by anyone under the influence of an intoxicating liquor or controlled drug.
- Bicycles must be parked in designated bike racks on campus.
- Bicycles may not be stored in the lounges, hallways, stairwells or on porches of university buildings.
- Bicycles may not be operated in any area that could interfere with the right of safe passage or which creates excessive noise, or may potentially cause damage to property.
- Bicycles must be walked in the area between the west side of Memorial Hall and the Hartman Union Building.
Applicable within university housing:
- Bicycles may not be operated in any residential life facility.
- Bicycles may be stored in a student’s personal residence hall room or apartment with the expressed permission of roommate/s (this is a privilege and not a right) and in an authorized storage room or on provided bicycle racks outside.
- If stored in a room, the bike may not be hung directly from the wall or from any exposed structure such as light fixtures, piping or smoke detectors.