Applicable in University housing:
If electrical appliances are used, it is expected that safe conditions be maintained.
In all Residence Hall rooms and apartments:
- All electrical appliances must be UL listed.
- Only UL listed Power Strips may be used to extend appliance cords to electrical outlets. Extension cords may not be used.
- Electric blankets and halogen lamps are not allowed.
- Air conditioners, clothes washers and dryers, dishwashers, waterbeds, hot tubs and similar items are not allowed.
- Television or radio antennae which are placed outside windows or anywhere on the exterior of the building or adjacent grounds are not allowed.
In Residence Hall rooms:
- Compact refrigerators no larger than 5 cubic feet are allowed.
- Microwave ovens no larger than .6 cubic feet are allowed.
- Open coiled appliances, including but not limited to, hot plates, toasters, heating/immersion coils, electric fry pans, toaster ovens, are not allowed.