Employees are prohibited from the unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensing, possession, or use of any controlled substance in the workplace.
- In situations where the use of medication, by a person employed by the university, may negatively affect mental concentration or coordination (such as antihistamines or “mood altering” drugs), safety considerations may require temporary reassignment of duties and responsibilities by the department chairperson or supervisor following notification of such use by the faculty or staff member.
- Students, faculty, and staff are expected to comply with local, state, and federal laws relating to the possession, use, or distribution of alcohol and other drugs when they are on university property or taking part in university activities.
- The influence of drugs will not excuse or justify an individual’s actions, which are a violation of state, federal or local laws, university regulations, or the rights of others.
The following are against PSU policies:
- Use or possession of marijuana.
- Providing an environment for a person to use illegal drugs.
- Unlawful possession or use of a controlled substance/illegal drug.
- Providing, distributing, intent to distribute or sell marijuana or a controlled substance/illegal drug.
- Threat to self or others while under the influence of a substance.
- Abuse or misuse of a substance.
- Inappropriate conduct while under the influence of a substance.
- Administering a drug to a person for the purpose of inducing his or her incapacity.
The following are against university housing policies:
- In the presence of marijuana use.
- Drug paraphernalia with evidence of use or intent to be used illegally or in violation of university policy. (examples include but are not limited to: bong, pipe, blow tubes.
- Evidence of use of marijuana including but not limited to: smell, smoke, seeds, or residue.