Noise levels in public areas or that can be heard in public areas, including outside, that causes an unreasonable disturbance is not permitted.
Applicable within university housing:
- Courtesy hours are in effect 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Residence halls and apartment complexes should be sufficiently quiet at all times so students who wish to study or sleep may do so without interference.
- Stereo’s, TVs, computers, musical instruments and other noise devices should be played at a level that will not disturb others.
- Noise expectations of the floor, residential facility, community, and staff members must be respected. It is important to be observant of what the quiet hours are in the building you reside in or are a guest in.
- Requests by peers and staff to reduce noise levels must be respected and honored by all members and guests of the community.
- Finals week quiet hours are in effect 24 hours a day from midnight of the Friday before finals week through the last day of finals, with the exception of 11 a.m.-1 p.m. and 5 p.m.-7 p.m. daily for relaxed hours.