Recreational devices include, but are not limited to, skateboards, in-line skates, roller blades, roller skates, and razor scooters. Any person found in violation of the policies below may have their device confiscated by a university official.
Recreational devices operated on campus may only be used by students, faculty and staff of Plymouth State University under the following guidelines:
1. In full compliance with all town ordinances and state laws.
2. On academic days between 4:30 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. (Unless used for transportation to and from academic/university related activities).
3. On non-academic days between 8:30a.m. and 11:00 p.m.
4. Operated on asphalt or paved surfaces.
5. Recreational devices may not be operated in any residential life or university facility.
6. Devices are to be used with caution and in such a way to ensure the safety of self and others.
7. Devices are not used in or on unauthorized areas including, but not limited to, brick surfaces (except when used for transportation), on tables and benches, railings, fences, walls, stairways, ramp ways, grass, gardens, parking lots, curbing and any area that could interfere with the right of safe passage or which creates excessive noise, or may potentially cause damage to property.
8. Recreational devices must be walked or carried in the area between the west side of Memorial Hall and the Hartman Union Building.
Areas not considered in guidelines above, include, but are not limited to, crosswalks, sidewalks, roadways that are Town Property (i.e.: Highland Street and High Street).
A map that shows restricted and non-restricted areas for skateboards or other recreational devices.
DID YOU KNOW???
THE TOWN OF PLYMOUTH HAS A SKATE PARK!!! This is the BEST place for PSU students to safely use their skateboards. Check out this link to see where you can use your skateboard all you want: