Applicable within university housing:
The housing contract with the university for renting living facilities provides for normal and reasonable usage and wear of the facilities. Abnormal or unreasonable use of the facilities and/or property will be charged to the individual student or group of students responsible for the damage or by location in which the damage occurred.
- Rooms should be kept clean, reasonably sanitary, safe and orderly at all times.
- Creating holes in walls is not permitted.
- Duct tape and stickers may not be attached to any walls, ceiling, floor, doors, windows, fixtures, room surface or university furniture.
- Glow in the dark substances (laundry detergent, paint, chalk, etc.) may not be used on walls, ceiling, floor, doors, windows, fixtures, room surface or university furniture.
- University furniture in rooms may not be removed from the room or building, unless authorized by a residence director.
- Items may not be placed on window ledges.
- Only approved light bulbs may be used in light fixtures.
- Light fixtures may not be tampered with.
- Present locks or security devices may not be altered or replaced.
- Additional locks or devices may not be installed.
- Decorations, materials, objects of any sort may not be hung from or cover light fixtures, doorways, or fire safety devices.