Registration for Student Teaching requires a special permission form. You do not register through WebReg.
To qualify for student teaching registration, you will need to complete the following:
- The signed student teaching registration form will be handed out at Seminar 1: Preparing for Student Teaching.
- You will need to meet with your advisor during advising week in October/April. Both you and your advisor must sign the registration form. Note: Advisor’s and student’s signatures indicate that per the academic catalog “Candidates must have the cumulative grade point average designated by the department sponsoring the Teacher Education program, been accepted to teacher candidacy (Gate 1), filed an application to student teach one year prior to the semester they wish to student teach (Gate 2), and have completed all other course requirements by the end of the semester prior to the one in which they wish to student teach.”
- Students who will be taking other courses during student teaching will also need the instructor’s signature and permission of the Coordinator of Teacher Certification before returning the form to the registrars.
- If any of these requirements are not met, you will not be registered for student teaching and should plan to register for other courses.
- The signed form is taken to the registrar by the student teacher for registration.
- Check online in Banner to make sure you are registered or pick up a copy of your schedule at the Registrar’s Office.